The Manager, ORAT coordinates the activities of the ORAT with respect to the seamless project execution, starting with the LaGuardia Central Terminal redevelopment project. This position will be part of the core team responsible for the direction of ORAT activities to ensure a safe, efficient, and effective transition plan for existing facilities to new facilities is developed and implemented.
Key Responsibilities on the LaGuardia Redevelopment Project
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for transition of LaGuardia’s Central Terminal Building (CTB) operations from existing to new facilities covering the areas of facility maintenance, operations, commercial, communications, guest experience, finance, training and information technology, while ensuring no breaches in security or safety.
- Build relationships and connections across internal LGP groups to support development and implementation of ORAT plans and activities
- Support the development and implementation of contingency plans for all key systems. These include airport baggage and flight information systems, are linked to a successful day-1 opening and ensure a seamless response to any system failures.
- Develop detailed plans to facilitate tenant and airlines relocations
- Maintain a forward-looking view of construction activity and its impact on transition activities to identify potential areas of conflict, and work with key stakeholders to develop a risk mitigation plan that provides timely and efficient solutions.
- Develop, track and report on work plans to ensure transitions activities are progressing according to schedule, and all elements of the transition plan will be complete prior to opening day.
- Maintain ORAT schedule and interface with overall project schedule milestones
- Participate in opening day, stabilization and monitoring program development and implementation to support ‘settling in periods’ after activations
- Represent the ORAT team internally and externally in a variety of settings
- Provide regular / frequent updates to the Terminal and the Airport community, passengers and other customers regarding the ORAT program and activities
- Facilitates technical discussions with airlines, other terminal tenants, and other stakeholders, facilitating continuing engagement and problem-solving as appropriate through construction phasing
- Develop reports, presentations and briefings on ORAT progress
- Implement familiarization program for new facilities with LGP and terminal stakeholders and ensure consistency and quality of delivery
- Support development of internal and external training program and materials
- Work closely with the DBJV and LGP Team on testing and commissioning
- Develop and implement testing/trials program including a combination of table top, validation tests, and live trials
- Fulfills other related duties as required
- Strong leadership presence and a collaborative, team player
- Thrives in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, while maintaining and building positive relationships
- Proactive approach to resolving challenging problems
- Maintain focus and advance a variety of workstreams, topics
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions
Education and Experience
- 5 to 7 years in a project management role on progressively complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management certification a strong asset
- Experience working effectively in a regulated environment an asset
- A relevant undergraduate degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Capital project management experience preferred
Initial Primary Work Location: LaGuardia Airport, NY
Employee Status: Regular Full Time
Job will remain open until filled
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Vantage Airport Group (New York) Management Ltd. provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected characteristics.